Monday, February 16, 2009

Sport Of The Day...Bathroom Fan Replacement

Replacing a bathroom exhaust fan. Sounds easy. Tsk, tsk, not so fast. Whoever built our house pulled a fast one on me.

Both upstairs bathroom fans are getting noisy (i.e., the motors/bearings are going bad). Time to replace them. Only problem is that the current fans are installed directly below the main heating/cooling duct for the top floor. Can't remove the old fans unless I cut out sections of the duct. The fast one.

Plan B: cut new access holes for the new fans...learn how to drywall over old fans. After three trips to Home Depot, here's the finished product.

The old fan (left) looks out of place because it's off center from the room.  It'll stay until I take up drywall. 

Turns out I only replaced the fan in the master bath because I was already hitting myself in the face due to one fan...really...with needle nose plyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment