Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Mudder

I convinced Kevin to go trail riding today and we headed up to the Hoyles Mill Connector in an attempt to get some riding in.  After riding Fairland a couple times recently, I'm tired of it and wanted to try something new.  

It started snowing heavily this morning and unfortunately, it wasn't cold enough to stick.  It was warm enough to melt (just above freezing).  I expected the trail to be a bit damp, but it turns out the trail's father was a mudder and his mother was a mudder.


No traction in this stuff

We drove by the trail head, wandering about the backroads of Germantown for a short while.  Eventually we backtracked and found it.  We rode no more than a quarter mile on the trail before deciding to call it a day because the trail was alot worse than expected.  Neither of our tires were made for shedding the mud out there today.  Even if they were, we would have torn the trail to shreds, which is NOT a good thing.  

Three postives though:

1)  I got out of the house and rode (even if it wasn't for long)
2)  We discovered that Hoyles Mill Connector is a promising trail
3)  We figured out how to find the trail head. 

I couldn't turn, I floated

I couldn't see the tread in the woods


Once the ground dries out, or freezes, I definitely want to get back up to the Hoyles Mill Connector. It offered some light rock garden riding. I'm not at all familiar with riding rock gardens, so I look forward to learning some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment