Saturday, February 7, 2009

On The Road (Bike) Again

I highly recommend setting Willie up in the background before reading this post.

The weather is quite nice today, so I had to get out on the road. It felt a bit weird clipping into my road bike because I haven't been on it in about 3 months. Going down the first hill, the bike felt a little shaky. Could have just been me, but I think it's time for that free tune up I haven't used yet.

There were alot of people out biking and running including these guys. I'm trying to include pictures with most of my posts. I didn't feel comfortable holding my camera while riding, so I only had time to take one picture.

Thanks for the free draft guys


Suprisingly, the ride was high quality considering how long it has been since my last one. I felt just as strong at the end of the 10.9 miles as I did at the beginning. I averaged 15.7 mph which, for the first ride of the year, is really good with the stop signs and traffic lights included.

Another benefit is that my right knee feels better after the ride than before. If it's not my hip, it's my knee. Ugh. Anyone know a good orthopaedist?

No comments:

Post a Comment