Friday, February 27, 2009

My Apologies To Rosy

Dear Rosaryville, 

I left work at 1:00 pm on Tuesday on a quest to go riding (hey, what is comp time for anyway). I intended to try the Hoyle Mills Connector again, but thought it wouldn't be ridable just like Sunday. Then, I considered a road ride, but balked because I really wanted a dirt ride. Alas, a post on MORE indicated that your singletrack was in great shape as of 11:30 am and the night ride was on. Victory! A MTB opportunity.

The first few miles, your trail was solid. But then, the mud was upon me. Only a bit. Not too bad. Later on, many more mud sections arrived. Unfortunately, too late to turn around. In the end, it turns out that I shoudn't have ridden at all. My apologies. I've learned an important lesson...not to listen to my heart when my mind tells me trail conditions aren't ridable. Trail work is coming up April 4th and 5th. I'll try to make up for it then.

Sincerely,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment