Friday, February 13, 2009

MTB Therapy

In an effort to stop feeling sorry for myself, I met up with Kevin for a trail ride at Fairland Park.  We probably would have gone for a road ride instead, but the wind is atrocious around here today...bodacious according to Bodhi (en espanol no doubt).  I hadn't been on my MTB in a couple weeks anyway, so I'm happy I got to use my new bike again.  

We started out with the small loop like usual, trading the lead a couple times.  Kevin took the whole shot, but luckily for me he doesn't know his way aroud Fairland yet.  So, I took the lead back when he went the wrong way.  Before the end of the small loop we both realized that we forgot our cameras (for blogging purposes of course).  We went back to the cars to get the cameras.  Between us, we ended up taking one picture...DOH.  Sorry for the lack of photography...still working on that. 

I felt alot of confidence with cornering ("my lines" as those in the know would say) today.  I was able to corner while looking to pedal instead of braking like usual.  There's a pretty sweet section at Fairland with several 2-6 ft rolling bumps.  Normally I'm a bit off balance a couple times throughout this section, but today I was feeling it...anticipating the next move beautifully and steamrolling through.  

About halfway through the ride, I stopped to take the sleeves off my jersey for some added air conditioning.  I also took the opportunity to streatch my legs thoroughly, which left Kevin bored.  I could tell he was getting ancy to continue the ride, but I needed the stretches...be supportive bro!

The trail wasn't muddy, but it certainly wasn't dry either.  Many sections were like riding on bread dough...or possibly the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. 


Thank you Ghost Busters

It was a solid ride.  I still love my new bike.  I feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment