Friday, February 13, 2009

Painful Avoidance

I've been avoiding TMPC the past couple days because I hate whining.  This painful hip of mine is extremely frustrating.  I ran Monday and it felt good.  Tuesday...no physical activity...felt good.  Then Wednesday, I had significant pain again.  Thursday, same thing.  IT'S PISSING ME OFF!

The pain comes after sitting in a chair for a while.  Stretching (quads, hamstrings, calfs, inner thigh, hip flexor, ITB) and some light leg exercises help alot in the near term.  Then an hour later, WHAM.  The hip flexor and ITB stretches seem to do the best, expecially the ITB. When I do that one, I feel the stretch in the exact place in my hip that burns. Maybe it's an ITB issue, or maybe it's time to see a doctor.   I'm going to see my doctor on Wednesday. 

If I'm going to finish the Cherry Blossom race, I need to start training again a week from Monday. After that, I won't have enough time to build up miles. Hopefully, I can get this thing resolved by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment