Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Many Road Miles Will You Give Me For This Shiny MTB Mile?

It's official, I have settled on a conversion from MTB miles to road miles.  Everytime I go mountain biking, I am way more worn out than if I had ridden the same number of road miles.  So, my personal official conversion is:

1 MTB mile = 2 road miles

Feel free to use it or suggest a better one.  Maybe I'll refine the conversion in the future, but for right now, it works.  I took the afternoon off today, on a whim, and figured this thing out.  No time now, but I'll explain how I came to this conclusion later in the week. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe a more appropriate measure would be simply to take you're avg speed for a given ride... Say you do 16 mph on road and then 10 on the mountain bike... So here you could bank 16 road effort miles based on your mountain ride. Yeah, I'm pretty much a geniouse... ;)

    ReplyDelete