Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome Week #2

Week #2 of Cherry Blossom 10 Miler training (redux) kicked off today with a successful 1.25 miler.   With all the snow aroud here, the treadmill was my only option.  In fact, one of the reason's I went to work, instead of staying home to spend QT with (future) Dr. J (who got the day off), was that I wanted to use the treadmill.  

Here's a list of everything that went into my 1.25 miler:

1)  Warmup on stair stepper (6 min)
2)  Stretch - quads, hammy's, calfs (twice...mine are chronically tight), inner thighs, hip flexors, & outer thighs (IT Band) (15 min)
3)  Run 1.25 mi (13 min 15 sec)
4)  Cool Down (3 min)
5)  Stretching - more of the same

Over 50 minutes of activity just to run 1.25 miles!  Now that's a slow pace.  At least runner's world gives me an extra 0.05 mi and rounds up to 1.3 (see right). 

No comments:

Post a Comment