Wednesday, March 25, 2009

10 Day Hiatus

As all 20 visitors from the last week and a half have noticed, I haven't posted in 10 days. Haven't been in the mood. I didn't post about my 4 mile run from a week ago Sunday. My legs actually felt normal before, during, and after the run. Exciting times that didn't last long. Another 4 miler on Wednesday went ok. Thursday, the legs were screaming. No, they weren't screaming "are we here yet?"


                                  You Tube has weird stuff

A five hour car ride to NYC didn't help on Friday either.  But NYC was awesome as always and lots of fun.  I had planned to run through Central Park for a 5 miler on Saturday, but the legs weren't having any of it.  I was really looking forward to that...extremely disappointing. I did go down to lower Manhattan with Jeff for a couple hours.  We probably walked several miles.  That counts right?


Tree lined path along the Hudson river

Sweet eagle!  Some sort of WWII memorial.

As close as I've ever been to the Statue of Liberty. See it back there?


I've given up trying to stick to a training schedule for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler (5K?). I'm just...whatever. To perk up my spirits, I'm riding in my first ever MTB race this Saturday...I think. Kevin e-mailed some guy who says he'll give up his registration, but the transfer hasn't happened yet. I don't even know where or what the race is. I'll post an update about the race...hopefully, within the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment