Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dear Lance Armstrong,

I saw that you broke your collar bone. I'm writing to let you know that you're not alone because I feel your pain. Rather, I felt your pain.

The recovery is not fun and it will drive you crazy. Sleeping will be painful, showering a b****, training next to impossible, and don't even ask about wiping post-#2. You opted to have a plate and screws inserted at the break. So, you won't have the pleasure of feeling your new bone ends rubbing against each other like me. Wuss.

You shaved your legs, put on skin tight spandex, went for a leisurely bicycle ride. You girl. I, on the other hand, was playing a real man's sport with the big boys, football, when I broke my collarbone.

Try to stay positive and remember what it's all about. You may say it's all about cancer awareness, others may say it's the glory, but we all really know it's just the little yellow stuffed lion from le Tour.

You and you and your cuddle buddy


Hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you want any recovery advice. Or advice on how to be more tough.

Brian

[Note: This is satire and I'm not even qualified to carry Lance's jock chamois]
[Update:  Lance already started training again...3 days after his crash. That's pretty tough.]

No comments:

Post a Comment