Monday, March 9, 2009

A Possible Cause

I may have discovered a biomechanical cause for my sore hips. Yesterday, I noticed that when I tense my glutes (yes! buns-of steel), that I could feel the burning. Weird, who would have thunk a tight tush would cause such issues.

Ever since then, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to relax all my leg muscles. So far, so good.

After a cookout and 4 adult beverages yesterday (thank you warm weather and DST), my legs were tight this morning. A recipe for frustration lately.

This afternoon, I warmed up, stretched (which didn't do much) and ran my scheduled 1.5 miles. Granted, I ran slow and stopped for a 4 minute stretch break about 5 minutes in, but I concentrated on making sure my legs were relaxed. Lo and behold, I sat in a chair all afternoon without much discomfort. YEEHAW!

Hopefully I figured something out, or maybe I just had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment