Tuesday, January 27, 2009

another big run tomorrow

another 5 miler coming up tomorrow...but this time it's serious...it's a tempo run. the middle 3 miles are supposed to be at 8:31 pace...this 11:22 pace crap isn't going to cut it. i did a 5K (3.1 mi) in 27:30 at the end of the 2008 JerseyMan Sprint triathlon in September...somehow my time went down to 25:33 in the official standings...but i know better. still...a 27.5 minute 5K was pretty good for me considering my legs felt like concrete blocks...after the 0.6 mile swim and 19.5 mile bike...i wonder if Jimmy Hoffa's knows that feeling?

Clock says 2:14:08, but my official time was 2:12:11...go figure


with all the snow and ice around DC...i'll have to run this one on the dreaded treadmill. hopefully i'll be too busy trying not to fall off to notice the boredom. on the bright side, i'll know that my pace is on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment